Thursday, April 2, 2009

2 Sketches 4 U - Kazan's sketch 23

Kazan's sketch this week is so lovely, elegant and simple and therefore sooooo tricky to get right! :D

I decided to give it a go anyway, cause that's the kind of mad woman I am. This time I actually even like the result a little. That's owing to the lamp table I nicked from sitting room so I have some place to put my Big Shot as my work space is quite small. (Don't tell my husband, OK! :D He might want the lamp table back...)

As I now didn't have to sit on the floor while rooting around in drawers looking for dies I happily dug out my Sizzix texture plates and boy, there's great variety there! AND they're a bit bigger than embossing folders so you can emboss card fronts no problem, the trick is just spray it lightly with water before running through Big Shot and you get nice deep impressions.

And then I just cut a piece of packaging from Prima crystals for patterned paper...


Supplies:
Card base: Papermania scalloped card
Ribbon: Poppicrafts
PP, bling & flowers: Prima
Stamp: Aud Designs
Sizzix texture plate

Thanks for looking!

Annika


12 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Ohhh Annika thanks for the tip about spraying the paper with water before embossing. I have had trouble getting a good embossed image and never thought about the water. THANK,THANK,THANK YOU!!!
Love your card! Fabulous color combo and flowers. Fantastic job!
Believe me if I can mask so can you!!It really is easy,Give it a try!!
Hugs, Connie

Leah said...

Your card is just beautiful! I love the colors and overall execution, lovely!

Anonymous said...

so pretty and elegant, I love pink and black together, and the sparkles are just loverly

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous !!! I love the flowers and the black and pink colors !!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog !

Unknown said...

Wow! This is one stunning card. Love the contrasting colors, textures and layers. Your photography of it is gorgeous too.
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Krista B. said...

Amazing card. Love all the texture and the colors, black and pink look so fab together. Love this card :)

papertrails leaver said...

what a beauty your card is! Really like the polka dots and the embossing you have done.

Savitri said...

GORGEOUS! I love the pink and black and the embossing is so so pretty! I love the Prima too... well, I just love your card :p

cnelson said...

absolutely beautiful!

Jessica Theodore said...

what a stunning card! love it and wish i had thought of it myself :D i love hopping around and seeing other people takes on the sketches.

~amy~ said...

wowza!!! gorgeous card...love, love, love the flower!!

Renée said...

this is lovely!! I love the flowers, love the colours, and the texture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails