Friday, September 9, 2011

A wee hop

Today is the day we've been waiting for - the gorgeous new Sylvia Zet images are being released by SCACD Stamps! There are EIGHT fantastic and utterly adorable images, all exclusive to SCACD Stamps in yummy red rubber, and they are all available now.
The stamps are all now available, and if you just have to have them all, you can grab them in discounted sets!
UK/Europe: You will find the stamps in the Sylvia Zet section at Quixotic Paperie HERE.
To celebrate, we've got a hop for you today, filled with inspiration from the SCACD and Quixotic Paperie design teams PLUS some special guests! We hope you will hop along with us as we introduce you to Loli & Shellie, Poppy and the rest of their friends!

You should have hopped here from Mary Johnson's blog. If you're just joining us and would like to start the hop at the beginning, then pop back to the start over at ELAINE HUGHES' BLOG.

A complete hop list can be found over on the SCACD Store Blog.

I got a beautiful stamped called Hope to play with. And play I did - it was my first time to attempt pencil layering on hot-pressed white watercolour paper.


 I used a mixture of different pencils - Derwent Drawing Pencils, Derwent Coloursoft (have about  of those, lol), Prismacolor & Faber-Castell Polychromos (good for details). I stamped image with Memento London Fog but now wish I had chosen something lighter, the stamp lines are still a bit too strong. PLEASE don't look for the light source on that one - I must have got a bit confused halfway through, now that I look at it.
 I didn't want to overpower the image and kept the layout very simple. The papers are from Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends pad.
Your next stop on the hop is Suzanne Dean's blog. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy hopping with us today!

Challenges:
C.R.A.F.T. -  Children
Crafts and Me - #51 buttons and bows
Flutterby Wednesdays -  anything goes (all month)
Kelley Kid's - 1E, SIO - girly girl
Little Red Wagon - #97 diecut
Paper Creations Ink Vintage or Distressed Look
The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan - 2W - Use Twine
2 Sisters - #55 Friends
ECP Challenges Yellow
  

Happy hugs!


53 comments:

Mary J said...

Simply STUNNING Annika!

Merry said...

Oh wow...your colouring is just stunning and I so love all the papers you have used.

Marion said...

This is simply stunning. I love it.
hugs
Marion

Elena said...

OOOOOOhwww soo sweeet!! This card is something beautiful, and the girl... oh, dear, super cute! Simply a fantastic creation, you're always a great artist, everytime I come here I can only say "WOW".

Hugs,
Elena

Carly said...

This is amazing! I have never seen a card like it! Wow! Wow! yep WOW!

Unknown said...

Gorgeously done, she looks like a painting! Awesome!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

absolutely breathtaking. What a gorgeous card. I love all of your distressing, the cork butterflies... all of it. Wonderful work of art!

Victoria said...

this is stunning your colouring is amazing x

Dena said...

Wow, wow! Your coloring is AMAZING! Look at the gorgeous blending!!! Great card and super cute image!
Hugs, Dena

Mariska said...

WOW! Your coloring of this cutie is out of this world! Love it!

xxx
Mariska

Crystal said...

Absolutely a STUNNER Annika, WOOOWEE gf!!!! So happy to see you joining us!!!! You rock!!!! big hugs and have a great Friday!

Crafty Loops said...

Oh my goodness Annika, this card is Terrific. Your colouring is amazing and the image is so beautiful. I really love this card. If only I could make cards like this! Lee xx

Unknown said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

NOw isn't that a cutie?! Love this image, and I still think working on Kraft paper looks great. Have a great weekend hun, Hugs, Frea

Sharman said...

This is just awesome.......I love how you did the background. AWESOME coloring.........

Lorraine said...

WOW, Annika, this is stunning! Your coloring is amazing!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Oh my goodness! I am completely blown away by this! Completely! WOW!!!! I don't even have any good words to leave you except.. WOW!!!!

Dana said...

Fantastic Annika! You're making my fingers itch to get my hands back on some pencils. Thanks for always being so inspiring : )
Hugs~
Dana

heidy said...

Wow Annika,this is awesome,love it!
Hugs Heidy

Danni said...

This is amazing!! Truly a stunning card!

Sylvia Zet said...

I can only just add my "WOW" to all these "wows" above :)

Lotta said...

Oh! Your coloring is true art!!! Love it! Hugs Sandra

yvon said...

So gorgeous, absolut stunning creation.
Hugs, Yvon

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

It's gorgeous!!! Love your colouring. :) X X

Donalda said...

Hon this is just beautiful !!!
I so enjoyed participating in the blog hop today, these images are just beautiful !!! Hugs

Julie said...

Oh my word this is one amazing card!absolutely stunning! Have a great weekend! Julie X

LuAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuAnn said...

Just gorgeous!! what a fantastic job you did on coloring the image. I dig the way it turned out! thanks for playing along at The Hybrid Chick!

Angela B. said...

Love those colors and the softness! Absolutely stunning!

Payne Holler Cards said...

your coloring is always divine (-:
hugs
Linda

Kim said...

Annika this is absolutely FABULOUS! WOW What a beauty...your coloring is fantastic! I love the rich colors you got with the pencils and the antique feel of the card! stunning work hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Shelby said...

Beautiful as always!

Shelby

Karen Howard said...

This is fabulous!!! Thanks for joining the Buttons and Bows challenge this week at Crafts and Me!

Sharon Peele said...

I love your pencil coloring!! It really adds an antique look to your card!! beautiful work!!

Sue from Oregon said...

I love looking at your awesome coloring!

Nikki Byrne said...

OMG this is amazing! Your colouring is awesome. Thank you for joining us at Kelle kid's this week. Good luck. hUgs

Nikki DT

callyannc said...

Oh my gosh! Thedetailed coloring is amazing! TFS

Franca said...

Simply stunning, have never seen a colouring like this!!!! Unbelievable!!!

Hugs Franca

Kerryn said...

wow wow wow. Simply stunning!! What a gorgeous technique!!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is simply stunning! Have you ever thought of becoming a professional artist? Your work is truly amazing!

Davi said...

Wow how very beautiful this is Anikka!! I love the soft coloring and the and the muted dps and minimal embellies! It has a wonderful vintage look like it just came out of my grammas trunk!! You are truly incredible Anikka!

Jennifer M. said...

WOW! The coloring on your cards always just amaze me. This card is gorgeous!

Jen :)

Julie said...

Your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us on the Card Caravan at The Hybrid Chick.

LindaS said...

Itbis so beautiful love the old paper look and the old looking coloring of the adorable stamp. WTG. Thanks for joining Paper Creations Inke site.

sharon said...

Stunning card, thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

Sylvia Blum said...

ohhhh Annika...another stunningly, incredibly amazing card...loooooove it!!! thank you soooo much for playing with us at The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan! Hope to see you again in our next challenge, where I will be the hostess *hint hint* ;-)))
{hugs} Sylvia

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Oh my goodness this is totally breathtaking! Stunning piece of work. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me

Joanne said...

Seriously sweet! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Karen Hasheck said...

Wow- what a great vintage card! The coloring is fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink this week and come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Annika, I'm speechless.
Your coloration is stunning!
Hugs Karla

Danni said...

Stopping by again to say thank you for joining in my flutter by challenge!!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Adorable image Annika! Love the cork Butterflies!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is so cute and I'm amazed at how well all those different types of pencils blended together. ;D And the light source? Ha, well I do that all the time! LOL Love how it turned out anyway. ;D *Hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails